How often do I need to use CleverSpa® Stabilised Chlorine Granules?
Test the Chlorine level in your CleverSpa® daily and immediately before every use.
How do I add CleverSpa® Stabilised Chlorine Granules to my hot tub?
Test the Chlorine level of your hot tub. If it is below 3ppm then apply as follows:
1. Pre-dissolve the required amount of granules in a clean plastic bucket filled with warm water. Stir the solution until the granules are fully dissolved.
2. Ensure that your CleverSpa® circulation pump is turned on before slowly pouring the solution directly onto the water surface.
3. Continue to run the circulation pump for 15 mins.
4. Re-test your water and repeat dosage until the Chlorine reading is between 3ppm and 5ppm.
5. Allow 15 minutes before using your CleverSpa®.
How much CleverSpa® Stabilised Chlorine Granules do I need to use?
As a general guide, to increase a 1500L hot tub from 0ppm to 4ppm you will need to add at least 12g of Chlorine Granules. A heaped teaspoon holds approximately 8g of chlorine granules.
Hot Tub Volume: 1000L
Quantity Required +1PPM: 2g
Hot Tub Volume: 1500L
Quantity Required +1PPM: 3g
Hot Tub Volume: 2000L
Quantity Required +1PPM: 4g
Is CleverSpa® Stabilised Chlorine Granules in a pool harmful to people?
Harmful if swallowed. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause respiratory irritation.
Never mix with any other chemicals as a dangerous reaction may occur. When pre-dissolving add product to water and not vice versa, ensure the bucket is clean, if in doubt rinse before use. Handle hot tub chemicals carefully, in a well-ventilated area, preferably outdoors and always wash hands thoroughly after use. Store chemicals in a secure, cool dry place.
DANGER: Do not use together with other products, may release dangerous gases (Chlorine).
Very toxic to aquatic life with long-lasting effects. Contact with acids liberates toxic gas. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a dry place.
IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Get medical advice/attention. In case of fire: Do not breathe dust/fume/gas. Dispose of contents / container to hazardous.