How often do I need to use CleverSpa Universal Stabilised Spa Chlorine Granules?
Test the Chlorine level in your CleverSpa daily and immediately before every use.
How do I add CleverSpa Universal Stabilised Spa Chlorine Granules to my hot tub?
Test the Chlorine level of your hot tub. If it is below 3ppm then apply as follows:
1. Pre-dissolve the required amount of granules in a clean plastic bucket filled with warm water. Stir the solution until the granules are fully dissolved.
2. Ensure that your CleverSpa circulation pump is turned on before slowly pouring the solution directly onto the water surface.
3. Continue to run the circulation pump for 15 mins.
4. Re-test your water and repeat dosage until the Chlorine reading is between 3ppm and 5ppm.
5. Allow 15 minutes before using your CleverSpa.
How much CleverSpa Universal Stabilised Chlorine Granules do I need to use?
As a general guide, to increase a 1500L hot tub from 0ppm to 4ppm you will need to add at least 12g of Chlorine Granules. A heaped teaspoon holds approximately 8g of chlorine granules.
Hot Tub Volume: 1000L
Quantity Required +1PPM: 2g
Hot Tub Volume: 1500L
Quantity Required +1PPM: 3g
Hot Tub Volume: 2000L
Quantity Required +1PPM: 4g
Is CleverSpa Stabilised Chlorine Granules in a pool harmful to people?
Harmful if swallowed. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause respiratory irritation.
Never mix with any other chemicals as a dangerous reaction may occur. When pre-dissolving add product to water and not vice versa, ensure the bucket is clean, if in doubt rinse before use. Handle hot tub chemicals carefully, in a well-ventilated area, preferably outdoors and always wash hands thoroughly after use. Store chemicals in a secure, cool dry place.
DANGER: Do not use together with other products, may release dangerous gases (Chlorine).
Very toxic to aquatic life with long-lasting effects. Contact with acids liberates toxic gas. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a dry place.
IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Get medical advice/attention. In case of fire: Do not breathe dust/fume/gas. Dispose of contents / container to hazardous.